We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior accountant to join our growing team. As a senior accountant, you will be reporting to the managers and responsible for a variety of accounting tasks, including handling of multiple accounting clients, recording of transactions, reconciliation of applicable balances and preparing financial statements. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the financial records of all clients are accurate and compliant with all applicable accounting standards.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax, and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 42,000 professionals – 26,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Why join us?
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
- Take full responsibility to execute accounting tasks for all assigned clients.
- Review monthly bookkeeping accurately.
- Prepare and manage financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Preparation of other accounting reports i.e. fixed asset register preparation and maintenance, lease calculations as per IFRS 16, etc.
- Analyze financial data and identify trends and patterns.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and presentations.
- Preparation of client proposals as per Manager instructions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Record all transactions as per applicable accounting standards.
- Reconcile bank statements and accounts receivable and payable.
- Assist with audits and tax preparation.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is a must.
- Knowledge on IFRS is a must.
- Qualifications like ACCA, CPA, CIMA is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant or in a similar role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, XERO, Oracle ERP and other cloud-based ERP systems).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Send your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application.